Want to Join?
- About us:
- San Diego Smooth Dancers, Inc. is a non-profit club whose members are amateur dancers. Benefits include reduced admission to monthly dance socials and opportunities to participate in local and statewide ballroom dance competitions and showcase events. The club sponsors weekly dance classes and also supports community activities. We are a chapter of National Smooth Dancers, an organization with chapters in several California cities.
- Benefits of Membership
- Membership in the San Diego Smooth Dancers has many benefits:
- Discounted fees for our dance socials.
- Subscription to our newsletters: Smooth Talk and Dance Whispers.
- Free practice hour from 6-7 pm on Sundays at Champion (even when you don't attend class).
- Am-Am competition at the NSD Convention and the NSD Board of Directors Meetings.
- Opportunities to dance at our Holiday Showcase with your professional or amateur partner.
- Becoming a Member:
- If you are interested in being considered for membership in San Diego Smooth Dancers, please contact any member of San Diego Smooth Dancers. The member will forward your name to the VP/Membership Officer. That officer will advise you in the requirements for membership which include:
- attending at least two socials and
- attending one general membership meeting
- After those requirements have been met, turn in a completed Application for Membership form to the VP/Membership officer along with a check payable to SDSD with the amount to be prorated quarterly.
Download Application Form